Sunday, May 26, 2013

Monteverde On Our Minds

Lisa and I are both eagerly looking forward to embarking on a summer adventure to Costa Rica on Wednesday, May 29. We are reaching Monteverde, Costa Rica by 6 p.m. and staying with host families for three nights. I'm nervous about my limited Spanish, but I'm hopeful that I will be able to communicate with the members of my host family. We will be observing interdisciplinary teaching methods for two days at The Cloud Forest School. Both of us are excited to observe and acquire new knowledge about conserving the environment. We want to come back to Chattanooga with great ideas of weaving science and social studies into the English curriculum. Also, I can't wait to see what a cloud forest looks like with a fog and minimal sunlight! Look out for updates from one of us every couple of days during our stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment